Salutations. Thanks for dropping by and reading.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Maintenance


Well it’s bound to happen and I assure you with all that I am that it will. Which in be in body, spiritual or even vehicle sooner more than later going to have to face this terrible thing. I like to speak of home take of this subject the first place that I had ventured out to on my own was not a five star by any means. I was a young man living wild hard and free. It was a constant party with no end in sight and I was living the American dream. I had very little money for things that were needed around the home. It was not a issue at all. Every night for two years running I had some one there who would bring anything from booze, toilet paper, food from where ever they had gotten off work to even lawn mowers to cut the grass.

.. ..

.. ..

Yeah so what that was a run on sentence I don’t give a shit. You get the point right? Fuck it call the grammar nazi’s on me. Besides I’m in no mood for spell check this is taking 2 on this piece I got to end a bit ago and x out on mistake to check the score on the Carolina Game. I now reside in a modern subdivision neighborhood that looks like a modern day leave it to beaver residence. The 9-5 people I have learn have called it “Investments”. This term was foreign to me until coming here. Being the simpleton I am have always been one if something in the homestead has malfunctioned. Instead of reaching in my pocket to call a man to come out and resolve my issue. I find myself going to the local library or getting on the net to see how I can and must fix due to lack of funds.

.. ..

.. ..

Being a hayseed has its advantages growing up I lived in a Home not a investment with a family. Yes post 9/11 crowd a family complete with dog and the occasionally family trip in summer time. We wasn’t the most high tech of family but we never done with out. I can recall many of days of chopping wood for the wood stop in the dead of winter no sense of the wood stove running out in the middle of the night. Dryer was not even mentioning in my home oh no it was almost like one of those fancy hot things that get my clothes hot. The iron was used a lot in these days. I remember the first time I saw a dishwasher was feeling like Crocodile Dundee when he came to American and discovered the men’s urinal. It was as if I had seen the future and thinking there is no way anyone can make that kind of purchase.

.. ..

.. ..

Its all too common today how all these modern conviences has made us more and more lazy. We live in a fast pace society now. I have never been one to have any interest in fixing things around the house but I find myself now looking at the Lowes sales papers and saying “Wow that would be good if a nuclear holocaust was to happen”. I’m always thinking ahead and if you asked me five years ago id say you were ¾ shy of a socket set. (rimshot)

It is important to keep up your house, home or investment. I find Norm Abram to be a fantastic genius who in my opinion could kick mcguyers ass. He is a true artist in every sense of the game. Yet another thing I thought I would never say.

.. ..

.. ..

“A house is a place to live while a home is for ever to shelter you”

.. ..

.. ..

I heard this somewhere someplace I can’t remember just came to be. It so true in the “Investment” times we live in. Personally I would rather have a small house with a lot of land and call it my home. I’m quite sure I can and will one day have this structure of wood to cement my legacy and built memories of things for many years to come. “Investment” isn’t or never was in my vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

"J-Rob a holics"

Blog Archive

Things to know....

My photo
Spartanburg, SC, United States
"High Powered Mutant not even considered for mass production...too weird to live and too rare to die....one of God's own prototypes...good American too" -Hunter S. Thompson-