Salutations. Thanks for dropping by and reading.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mater (brand recognition)

Allot of people ask. "What’s the deal with having a nickname "Mater"? For the record it was waaaay before that cars movie came out and hogged my entire spotlight. Being from the south a slang term for Tomato was "Mater" and we take great pride here in producing some of the finest in all of the country. It was around seventh grade and I was in the awkward phase of moving to the junior high school. It’s a different world adapting for now everyone is now no longer united. We have seven periods and a whole heap of new people who were from another zip code coming to merge as one. I was not ready for this at all. People who were my friend where no longer my friends. Everyone was scattered around becoming individuals. I figured it would be just like elementary school. Wrong! People where changing in dressing different, acting different and even smoking cigarettes! Somewhere in this time everyone had a nickname too. It was a way to become an individual and be known. Kyle Glosson who I am sure named half of the school one day at lunch said something that embarrassed me and he pointed at me and says..."Look at the face he is reddern a Mater!" It was all downhill from there. From one day I had went from a shy kid who kept to himself to an instant celebrity. "MATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I would get shouts from people I would never know. I recall going to the mall and hearing my name and once at the trash dump. It bothered me for a while but It got to a point where no one would know my name at all but know me only as "Mater" I embraced it and used it sort of like an alter ego or like Clark Kent and Superman. So, to this day it’s funny to see some of those folks I haven't seen in years and they come up to me and say Ohhh you wouldn’t get offended if I call you that. Hahaha....it’s a Brand name now....It’s been a blessing. No turning back now.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

"J-Rob a holics"

Blog Archive

Things to know....

My photo
Spartanburg, SC, United States
"High Powered Mutant not even considered for mass production...too weird to live and too rare to die....one of God's own prototypes...good American too" -Hunter S. Thompson-